How can we possibly celebrate every day when every day is full of bad news about the current pandemic? Here are a few ways I am celebrating. Share what you are seeing in the comments below. How are you being positive?
- Celebrate the shared experience – In our community families are participating in scavenger hunts that engage walkers and drivers as they get fresh air and exercise. They are having virtual happy hours; sharing pictures of their current beverage and passing along well wishes through social media groups.
- Look forward to the reunions – How wonderful will those reunions be once we get them back? Students will cherish being able to go to school and see classmates and teachers. They will joyfully engage in face-to-face learning. Separated loved ones will be reunited.
- Use the newfound time to learn and grow – I am so excited to have time to read, learn, create things, and bond with family! Several innovations and breakthroughs happened through isolation. Can you imagine the potential of a world that slows down and starts thinking? I can’t wait to hear about the creative things people come up with!
- Use the opportunity to show love to others – People are now sewing masks for healthcare workers, showing appreciation to grocery workers, truckers, and infrastructure support systems who typically do not get recognized for their contributions to our communities
- Engage with free resources newly available – There is a myriad of opportunities to try out online products that have become free right now.
- Build relationships with your new support systems that have been established online – Consider how you can continue to engage in those personal learning activities.
- Re-evaluate your lifestyle – Is it worth all of the hustle and hectic schedules? Consider this a fresh start.
- Find ways to laugh and to spread love to one another!