This Tequila Lime Chicken is the best topped with homemade Mexi-Ranch dressing, shredded cheese and plated with chips and this amazing Corn and Black Bean Salad
Tequila Lime Chicken
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 7-10 servings
Delectable and packed with citrus flavor, this chicken knocks out a fabulous meal every time.
- ½ cup silver tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (5 to 6 large limes or 12-18 small limes)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs (thawed) chicken breast tenders
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp. Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp. Paprika (smoked if you have it)
- 1½ tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper (optional)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Combine tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, garlic, salt, and pepper in a gallon sized food storage or freezer bag (or some other container that will allow the chicken to be submerged in the marinade).
- Add chicken, seal and refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hrs.
- Meanwhile, combine ranch seasoning, 1 T chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, sea salt, pepper with sour cream and mayonaisse.
- Seal and refrigerate until use.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill chicken over indirect heat util cooked through. Tenders go fast, so keep an eye on them!
- Enjoy with chips and black bean and corn salsa or topped with Mexi-Ranch Dressing.