Friends, this is Choripan, Choripan meet my friends.
This delicious way to celebrate hot dog day starts with grilled chorizo. This version we found (Klements) barely has any spicy heat, but still has some of the flavors of a traditional chorizo. It’s a great choice if you are celebrating with children or others who aren’t big fans of spicy.
Next, enters Chimichurri with it’s fresh green self. He is chalked full of fresh green cilantro (or parsley if you prefer), onions, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and olive oil and blended up ninja style into this tasty sauce. Today we tried something new and added yellow onion in place of the green onion. I think we will go back to the green next time. The sauce was a bit more watery this way and, of course, less green.
And finally, Cebollas Encurtidas – or lime pickled onions. I have gotta tell you, this recipe takes a bit of planning ahead, but it is soooooo worth it! SO worth it!
- Klement's Chorizo - European Traditions
- cebollas encurtidas - pickled onions
- chimichurri sauce
- sturdy buns like a brat bun or hoagie roll
- Prepare the pickled onions 3hrs up to a day before you plan to serve this meal.
- Grill your chorizo.
- Blend your chimichurri sauce.
- Make sure your buns are sliced and ready to go.
- Place grilled chorizo in your bun and top with the onions and chimichurri.