National Crouton Day
National Receptionists Day
National Apple Pie Day
National Frog Jumping Day
National Fruit Cocktail Day
Leprechaun Day – How can you tell if a Leprechaun is having a good time?
A: He’s Dublin over with laughter!
Leprechaun Day’s origins are just as magically hidden as the hiding places of the pots of gold belonging to the wee folk. Leprechauns have been part of Irish folklore for thousands of years. They are known for playing tricks and being mischievous, yet they are well-loved and deserving of a day to call their own. You can celebrate today by enjoying a bowl of Lucky Charms cereal, adding to your own pot o’ gold, or catching one of the sneaky little guys. The legend goes that whoever catches one will be given their pot of gold, but they are tricky to catch!
Lady and the Blog has some delicious looking Magically Delicious Lucky Charms Treats you might like to try!
Follow Everyday Celebrations’s board Leprechaun Day on Pinterest.
Donate A Day’s Wages to Charity Day
National Third Shift Workers Day
Top Gun Day – How can you celebrate Top Gun Day? The Top Gun Day Website recommends these tips:
- On May 13th update your social network profile picture/avatar to be anything Top Gun related. Use an image from our photo gallery or get creative and make your own. If you do make your own we’d love it if you could share it with us. If it’s good we’ll post it to our user gallery so other people can use it.
- Use as many Top Gun lines throughout the day as possible. For example, say your friend Jim asks you what you’re doing on Friday night, you should respond: “Hey Jim, you stink”.
- Wear aviator sunglasses. Cheap or expensive. Inside or out. Just don’t “Scratch one”!
- Grab your Top Gun Day T-Shirt and “CALL THE BALL!”
- Go to a bar…wearing a flight suit or aviator wings and order a glass of Hemlock.
- Call your friends and tell them, “I’m going to Top Gun!” and then hangup.
- Buy some rubber dog s***.
- Don’t wear deodorant and only respond to the name, Slider.
- Join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!