March is National Frozen Foods Month and we are cooking up some tasty Pizza Bubble Up using frozen dinner rolls as our base. It is so easy, my 10 year old put it together in minutes! He cut up the thawed dinner rolls and stirred the pieces into a can of pizza sauce.
Next, he spread the pieces into a 9×13″ pan and topped with classic pizza ingredients.We had some leftover green peppers, diced onions, Canadian bacon, browned sausage, fresh mozzarella, and some pizza seasoning went on top. Can you see why we call it bubble up?
Mmmm…. so quick and easy!
- 2 packages frozen dinner rolls, 1 lb each
- 1 can pizza sauce, 14oz
- Your favorite pizza toppings
- Remove the rolls from the freezer for about an hour so they thaw but don't rise.
- Cut rolls into 4 pieces each.
- Drop into pizza sauce in a medium bowl.
- Stir to coat
- Transfer to a greased baking dish (9x13)
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Cover and allow to rise for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese is browned slightly.