Registered Dietitian Day is a good day to acknowledge your dietician if you have one. Perhaps you could send a pot of flowers with a note that says “Please don’t eat the flowers” or a simple thank you note.
What exactly is a Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist? Here is some info about the day from Nutrition 411
- RDNs are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living
- RDNs have degrees in nutrition, dietetics, public health or a related field from well-respected, accredited colleges and universities, completed an internship, and passed an examination
- RDNs use their nutrition expertise to help individuals make unique, positive lifestyle changes
- RDNs work throughout the community in hospitals, schools, public health clinics, nursing homes, fitness centers, food management, food industry, universities, research, and private practice
- RDNs are advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world
March is also National Nutrition Month. You can learn more at www.nationalnutritionmonth.org