Today I oven-roasted some rhubarb for some Rhubarb Ginger Blondies – recipe to come. The rhubarb released some delicious syrup which was calling out to me to be made into a drink. And while it’s probably 5 o’clock somewhere, I opted not to add any adult ingredients this time. I do think it would be yummy with some Kinky Liqueur added. Maybe later…
For now I will enjoy it and try not to think about the fact that I may or may not have hidden from the kids and licked off the batter from the blondies myself. Kids, if you are reading this, I disavow all knowledge of this event.
2 lbs sliced rhubarb, aproximately 1 inch pieces
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
1 lemon, zest of
- Place rhubarb in a baking dish like a 9×13.
- Top with sugar and lemon zest.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 10 min if fresh, 20 if slightly frozen.
Rhubarb Ginger Punch
roasted rhubarb syrup
ginger ale (1/2 can per serving)
- Strain roasted rhubarb syrup
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons syrup to a glass
- Fill glass 2/3 full
- Top with scoops of raspberry sherbet.