This gnome lives in a corner of the kitchen. He doesn’t have a name, but I am a little partial to Gerome. Gerome the Gnome does have a nice ring to it, doesn’t it? Anyway, when he is not causing trouble, he likes to oversee this salad that I named after him.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts, finely ground
1/2 + 1/4 t salt
1/2 t + 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 T extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup diced sweet white onion
1 head romaine lettuce
1 t grated sweet white onion
1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
3 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix the nuts in a pie plate with 1/2 t salt and 1/2 t pepper.
- Press chicken into the nuts.
- Heat 1 T of the oil in a skillet and cook the coated breasts 2 min per side. Place in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until done.
- Heat remaining T of oil in a skillet over high. Add the onion, 1/4 t salt, and a pinch of pepper. Brown onion.
- Line plates with lettuce, Slice the chicken breasts and arrange on top of the lettuce on each plate.
- Serve with dressing
- To make the dressing, puree onion, avocado, oil, lime juice and water in a blender.