These brownies were super easy. I simply replaced the water in the recipe with freshly squeezed orange juice and added the zest of that same orange.
The sauce was also very easy. I made one serving of a Cable Car Cocktail and added some additional sugar and butter. I think it will make an excellent syrup for the blueberry pancakes I will be making today for National Blueberry Pancake Day!
1 box of your favorite brownie mix (My favorite is Ghiradelli Double Chocolte)
Ingredients as directed on brownie mix box
juice and zest of 1 orange
- Mix as directed on package substituting juice for water and adding zest.
- Top with Cable Car Sauce – recipe follows
CABLE CAR SAUCE
2 parts Sweet and Sour Mix
1 1/2 parts spiced rum
1 part Orange Curacao
2 parts orange juice
1 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
1 dash salt
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Lower heat to a simmer and simmer until mixture is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.