Beverage Day – a day to celebrate your favorite beverage. Sit back relax and enjoy it, whatever it may be. Maybe listen to that playlist featuring “Red, Red Wine,” “Margaritaville,” “Horchata,”or one of my favorites….. “Espresso, My Love”
No Diet Day – Per Wikipedia: In celebrating International No Diet Day, participants aim to:
- Question the idea of one “right” body shape.
- Raise awareness of weight discrimination, size bias and fat phobia.
- Declare a day free from diets and obsessions about body weight.
- Present the facts about the diet industry, emphasizing the inefficacy of commercial diets.
- Honor the victims of eating disorders and weight-loss surgery.
- Help end weight discrimination, sizeism and fat phobia.
National Nurses Day – National Nurses Day is celebrated each year on May 6. It is to raise awareness of the important role nurses play in society. This date marks the beginning of National Nurses Week, which ends on May 12, the birthday of Florence Nightingale. Say thank-you to the nurses in your life today. Or you could honor them with a gift of their favorite beverage and celebrate two things at once!
National Tourist Appreciation Day – It’s National Travel and Tourism Week, with May 6 being rally day. The US Travel Association would like to remind you of the benefits travel can bring. Here are a few:
Travel is adventure.
Travel is family bonding.
Travel is serious business.
Travel is more than just fun.
Travel is creating American jobs.
Travel is essential to our economy and our lives.
Naturally today would be a great day to travel. If you can’t get away to an amazing destination, perhaps you can be a tourist in your own town. Check out those places you send the people who visit your town! It stimulates your local economy which has lasting benefits for you as well!
Bike to School Day – How bikeable is your area? Check it out.