Peanut Butter Kababs
Recipe type: American
Serves: 4 servings
It's hard to beat lightly charred veggies and succulent chicken from the grill. Then you throw in the peanut butter dipping sauce....mmmm.....I'm in love!
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- 2 t brown sugar substitute
- 2 T splenda
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- ½ cup creamy unsweetened natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup water
- 3 T lime juice
- 1 T finely chopped ginger
- ¼ t ground red pepper
- 1 green pepper, cut into squares
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into squares
- 1 red pepper, cut into squares
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- In a shallow dish mix ¼ cup soy sauce, 1 T brown sugar substitute, 1 T splenda, 2 pressed garlic cloves. and the chicken. Stir to coat.
- Let stand 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over high heat, combine peanut butter, water, lime juice, ginger, ground red pepper, ¼ cup soy sauce, 1 T brown sugar substitute, 1 T splenda, and 2 cloves garlic. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Coat a grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill to high.
- Thread the chicken peppers and onions onto skewers. Grill, turning occasionally for 10 minutes or until chicken is done and veggies start to blacken.
- Serve with the peanut sauce for dipping.