We are celebrating Carrot Cake Day with Pumpkin Spice Carrot Cake Waffles topped with Cream Cheese Frosting. And let me tell you – THEY WERE AMAZING!
Sorry for yelling…
I hope you are fortunate enough to live near a Trader Joe. We are not but we do have family we visit who are. So, when we visit, and if it is still the right season, we stock up on Pumpkin Spice Pancake/Waffle Mix. It’s so good on its own, but it did the trick extra well with the shredded carrots inside – and I love it when I can sneak in some extra nutrition into breakfast (or dessert).
Hrmmm…. who gets the leftovers in their lunch?
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spice Pancake/Waffle Mix, plus a little more for desired consistency if needed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¾ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine shredded carrot, egg, water, and melted butter.
- Add waffle mix and stir until just moistened.
- Cook as directed by waffle iron manufacturer.
- While the waffles cook, cream cream cheese and milk in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Add vanilla and beat until combined.