We celebrated National Cheese day today, June 4th, with some bagels and cream cheese schmear this morning. This salad was our lunch and it was fabulous.
National Cheese Day
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 7 servings
Fresh flavors and varied textures make this combination of pasta and veggies an adventure in your mouth.
- 1 package family size tortellini with chicken and mozzarella
- 8 oz mini tomatoes, we used heirloom grape tomato variety
- 1 cup cooked shredded or lightly chopped chicken
- ⅛ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 oz thinly sliced mini peppers
- 3 large handfuls of baby arugula/rockets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove minced fresh garlic
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions.
- Slice tomatoes in half and add to large bowl
- Rinse tortellini in cold water to cool.
- Add all ingredients to the large bowl.
sounds great just seems like a little more cheese would go good with this. Maybe some grated Parmesan and some shredded mozzarella or try some crumbled cheese to add a different twist!?